Education is the Key!
Most of us are misinformed when it comes to nutrition.
Here are the resources to educate yourself!
Don’t you want to know the TRUTH?
These are the books that I highly recommend
- “My Beef with Meat” by Rip Esselstyn
- “Mad Cowboy” by Howard Lyman
- “How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger
- “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease” by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
- "Reversing Diabetes" by Dr. Neal Barnard
- "The Pleasure Trap" by Dr. Douglas J. Lisle
- "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, PHD & Thomas M Campbell II, MD
- “Whole" by T. Collin Campbell
- "The Happy Herbivore Guide to Plant-Based Living" by Lindsay S. Nixon
- “An Inflammation Nation" by Sanil Pai MD
- “Power Foods for the Brain” by Dr. Neal Barnard
These are the Documentaries that really affected us. These would be great to start with, if you have not seen them (links will take you directly to content):
- Super-Size Me
- Forks Over Knives
- What the Health
- Plant Pure Nation
- From Food to Freedom
I also recommend these:
There are so many! I would suggest selecting and choosing to watch at your leisure. Many of them are free. Many are also available on Netflix and Amazon Prime. The more you learn, the better.
I will be honest. I have not seen all of these. If you’d like to give a review of any of them, I will start to include people’s comments about them for future reference and try to include a brief description; perhaps a rating of some sort.
Please be warned, some of them can be very disturbing. I would suggest watching the trailers first before you dive in, if you are the sensitive type.
- A Cow at My Table
- A Life Connected: VEGAN
- Animals: A Parallel History
- Before the Flood
- Bold Native
- Comfortably Unaware
- Cry of the Innocent
- Dying to Have Known
- Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production
- Genetic Roulette
- Gods in Shackles
- Healing Cancer from the Inside Out
- How to Feed the World
- Inside Fur
- Kindness Footprints
- LIVE and let LIVE
- Maximum Tolerated Dose
- Meat the Truth
- Meet Your Meat
- Peaceable Kingdom
- Racing Extinction
- Sea the Truth
- Skin Trade
- Speciesism: The Movie
- Steve Best: Ecological Crisis and Veganism, IARC 2013 Luxembourg
- Stunning of Animals with a Hammer Before Slaughtering
- The Cove
- The End of the Line
- The Ghosts in Our Machine
- The Hidden Cost of Hamburgers
- The Invisible Vegan
- The Last Pig
- The Most Important Speech You Will Ever Hear Gary Yourofsky
- The Plastic Cow
- The Truth About Your Food
- The Witness
- Unlocking the Cage
- Vegan: Everyday Stories
- What's for Dinner?
- Why Vegan?