OK, so maybe you’ve watched a few documentaries, read a book or two. You’re getting it. You are coming to the realization that it would be better for your health, the animals and the planet, but you have no idea where to begin! Or, you just want to try it out for 30 days and see what happens. HOW DO I GET STARTED? Here are some tips to help you out!
This Guide includes a video with Getting Started tips. It includes a PDF from Kaiser Permanente which is a large healthcare coverage provider in the US and has over 12.2 million members. It’s quite a testament to the Power of Plants when this lifestyle is recommended by a Health Care Insurance Provider!
There’s a link to a 21 day jumpstart program and links to other “getting started” resources. There are links to websites for recipes, meal plans and meal delivery programs. There’s also a list of apps that you can download and Facebook Pages you can join. Download this Guide to “GET STARTED”!
Resources to Get Started:
- Dr. McDougall Quick Start Program
- Forks Over Knives – What To Eat
- Kaiser Permanente Plant Based Diet Booklet
- Nutrition Studies – Whole Food Plant Based Diet Guide
- Happy Herbivore – How Long To Feel Great?
- PCRM Quick Start Program
- Get Meal Plans
- Forks Over Knives Meal Planner
- What The Health Vegan Challenge
- What The Health Meal Plans
- Engine 2 Meal Planner
FORK OVER KNIVES COOKING CLASSES
MEAL DELIVERY PROGRAMS
(if you utilize any of these services, just make sure that the meals are Whole Food Plant Based & oil free)
- Forks Over Knives App
- Copy me
- Recipe Manager
- Plan to Eat
If you’re on FaceBook, consider joining the following groups. Great resources for recipes, inspirational posts on successes and great discussions: It’s a great reference!
- Forks Over Knives Official Plant-Based Group
- McDougall Friends and McDougall Success Stories (first you need to read “The Starch Solution” by Dr. John McDougall)
- Whole Food Plant Based No Oil Recipes
- TrueNorth Health
- Plant Based Over 50
- Plant based recipes and transitioning support
Search in FaceBook for Whole Food Plant Based or Plant Based. See how many come up!
Don’t be concerned if you have a temporary spike up in cholesterol or triglycerides. This is why: Your diet changes the dominant flow of cholesterol and fat from into the artery wall, to out of the artery. Thereby, you will have more cholesterol IN your blood. It is getting out of your system, but has to be removed from the artery walls first then into the blood stream, where it shows up as HIGH with the blood test. Reduce fruit sugars. Keep eating WFPBNO, your body is healing itself. Just give it time and your cholesterol should start to come down.
Enjoy your Plant Based Journey!
It’s so WORTH IT!