Resources to Get Started:
- Dr. McDougall Quick Start Program
- Forks Over Knives - What To Eat
- Kaiser Permanente Plant Based Diet Booklet
- Nutrition Studies - Whole Food Plant Based Diet Guide
- Brand New Vegan - Getting Started
- Happy Herbivore - How Long To Feel Great?
- PCRM Quick Start Program
- Get Meal Plans
- Forks Over Knives Meal Planner
- What The Health Vegan Challenge
- What The Health Meal Plans
- Engine 2 Meal Planner
- Forks Over Knives App
- Copy me
- Recipe Manager
- Plan to Eat
- Forks Over Knives Official Plant-Based Group
- McDougall Friends and McDougall Success Stories (first you need to read “The Starch Solution” by Dr. John McDougall)
- Whole Food Plant Based No Oil Recipes
- TrueNorth Health
- Plant Based Over 50
- Plant based recipes and transitioning support
Cholesterol: Don’t be concerned if you have a temporary spike up in cholesterol or triglycerides. This is why: Your diet changes the dominant flow of cholesterol and fat from into the artery wall, to out of the artery. Thereby, you will have more cholesterol IN your blood. It is getting out of your system, but has to be removed from the artery walls first then into the blood stream, where it shows up as HIGH with the blood test. Reduce fruit sugars. Keep eating WFPBNO, your body is healing itself. Just give it time and your cholesterol should start to come down.
Enjoy your Plant Based Journey!
It’s so WORTH IT!